Alabama St. Ribbon Cutting Ceremony June 7
Join us for the ribbon cutting ceremony and official opening of the Alabama Street Corridor, Saturday, June 7, 9 a.m. from Market St. and Alabama St. Alabama St. from Washington St. to Ohio St., and Market St. from New Jersey St. to Delaware St. will be closed 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for this event. The brief ceremony will include remarks and special announcements by Mayor Greg Ballard, Central Indiana Community Foundation President Brian Payne, and Andre B. Lacy, chairman of Lacy Diversified Industries and co-chair of the Cultural Trail Fundraising Committee.
Immediately following the ceremony there will be a one block kids' fun run and walking tours of Cultural Trail along Alabama St. (five blocks) to North Street with members of the Cultural Trail team.
There will be free parking at nearby street meters or pay $5 all day in the paved lot on the northeast corner of Washington St. and New Jersey St. (Enter off New Jersey St.)
Invite your friends, family and neighbors! Download this invitation and distribute.
From there, there's plenty to do and discover in Indy’s Cultural Districts June 7:
- Divers & Dragons: Celebrating U.S. Olympic Diving Trials, Alabama St. & North St., English Foundation Building parking lot, Free
- Kids Day on the Canal, north end of Canal, Buggs Temple, Free
- Vintage Indiana Wine & Food Fest, Military Park. For tickets call (800) 359-2968, visit Marsh Supermarkets, or buy at the gate
- Scales & Tails Fest – A Celebration of Pets, Indiana State Museum. For tickets call (317) 232-1637 or buy at the museum
- Outrun the Sun, walk/run, IU Michael A. Carroll Track & Soccer Stadium, IUPUI. To register call (317) 253-2121
- The Herron Experience 2008 ~ Art Couture (THE ’08), Eskenazi Hall, IUPUI. For tickets call (317) 278-9473