Pacers Bikeshare Updates Coming to a Kiosk Near You

By Joshua Tharp, Pacers Bikeshare Director of Operations

We are working to make improvements and upgrades to our Pacers Bikeshare stations to better serve our riders. You’ll see improvements now and over the next couple of years.

In the near term, we are:

  • Replacing 60% of the PCs running stations with modern models which are faster and more resilient in the elements (the other 40% were new in 2019)
  • Upgrading the operating system running on those PCs to one which is more efficient, reliable, and sustainable
  • Revamping the user interface at the kiosk to a modern look which is easier to navigate and more legible in sunlight

Over the next two years, we will be upgrading touchscreens and internal dock components to improve the checkout experience. The new touchscreens will be larger, higher resolution, and have a touch response akin to a phone or tablet. Latches, cables, and PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) will consume less power, use off the shelf cabling, and have faster response time.

Pacers Bikeshare and BCycle are committed to continuously improving so that having a bike to ride is as easy as walking out of your door.