Why Volunteer with the Indy Cultural Trail?
How does Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc. maintain all 8 miles of the Trail, 25,000 square feet of stormwater planters, 5 acres of urban gardens, 50 Pacers Bikeshare Stations, 500 bikes, and 12 pieces of our Public Art Collection?
We rely on the 3,000+ volunteers we host annually. Their time spent with us ensures the Cultural Trail is a beautifully maintained and vibrant community asset connecting people and places in downtown Indianapolis. Our volunteers are a vital part of the work that we do.
Volunteer with the Indianapolis Cultural Trail
Landscaping and Lagers
Join us Wednesdays April 13 – October 27 from 5:00-7:00p and help us take care of the Trail’s landscape. We’ll bring the tools, provide a brief orientation, and of course, beverages! Feel free to bring questions about your own garden and plants.
What do our volunteers do?
Volunteers help us by doing any of the following on a given day:
- clearing the Trail of litter
- removing debris from the stormwater planters
- cleaning our bike share stations
- or tending to our public gardens along the Trail
Our volunteers support our Trail all while engaging with the local community and connecting with Indianapolis. We have plenty of work to do! Most volunteer activities take place outside on the Trail and require some physical labor.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our 2021 Fall Community Clean-Up! Stay tuned for more information about our 2022 Fall Community Clean-up date.
Fall Community Clean-Up
October 22, 2022
9:00 a.m-12:00 p.m.
We’ll spruce up the Trail and have some fun. We will supply everything you need – gloves, grabbers, and cleaning supplies.
Sign up to lend a hand at one of four locations:
- Fountain Square/Fletcher Place
- Meeting location: Wildwood Parking lot, 1015 Virginia Ave
- Ransom Place/Indiana Ave
- Meeting location: ICT, HQ, 132 W. Walnut St
- Mass Ave/Chatham Arch
- Meeting location: Corner of Massachusetts Ave and Bellefontaine, 885 Massachusetts Ave
- Downtown / Washington St.
- Meeting location: Lugar Plaza, 200 E Washington Street